Saturday, February 7, 2009

Natural American Spirit Perique Cigarettes

Most pipe tobacco blends that claim to have "perique" in them actually contain anaerobically fermented green river burley, and the reason there isn't enough real perique to go around is because somebody's been putting it all in cigarettes. The good news is, they're the best cigarettes money can buy. You have to kind of smoke these like a pipe or cigar to get the full effect of the perique--if you haul on it like a sailor, it just tastes like a strong cigarette. But all the classic perique notes are there: cracked pepper, plum, cream, and that weird "silver" taste that's impossible to describe non-synesthetically. I wish I loved broccoli and exercise as much as I love tobacco. Damn.

RATING: 95%

(Image from www.sweetmedicineshoppe.com, but don't let the name fool you, kids, it's not medicine.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in the day when cigarette advertising was allowed in Canada, you could have made it rich.

John said...

Made what rich?

Anonymous said...

You, us? I know we haven't seen it in a while, but I mean MONEY. You could have made MONEY selling your advertisements. Oh, nevermind.

LoCo said...

In high school I smoked Djarums. Sometimes I still miss them.

True story!

LipstickMom123 said...

I also hope that one day we can learn the secrets of cigarets from the proud peoples of native america!