Friday, February 20, 2009

Giordano's

Since I'm starved for regular, palatable Italian food here in Houston, when I found myself in Chicago I went on a pizza spree. My second night in the Windy City (people are cringing, right? That's like calling NY "The Big Apple"? Perfect.) brought me to Giordano's. Which one? Who cares, because there are like thirty in the city. My companions and I went for the "stuffed crust," which meant "really fat crust" and not "crust with cheese coming out of it" a la Pizza Hut. The crust is drier and a little sweeter, even, than other crusts, but nice and crumbly and deliciously paired with the melty, ooey-gooey cheese. We opted for a veggie pizza, which you can see looks like a swarm of crops attacked our pie. We ate in silence, completely consumed with consuming. I made a joke about how we were eating in silence and still, no one talked. That's Giordano's.

RATING: 89%

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my experience, it's wiser to avoid Giordano's when starving. Sort of like the saying Don't go food shopping when you're hungry.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

did glen get a job

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

cause 4 revews in too days seems lik ea pretty slow pace

laurie said...

My god that looks amazing.

Timmaaay!!! said...

That's one thing about Chicago. Even if you don't like the city itself very much, there's always the food.
Has anyone here ever been to Taste of Chicago? Excellent noms.

Anonymous said...

Right there is the explanation of why so many Chicago women have such enormous butts.

What it does not explain is why said women try to fit into skinny jeans.

LoCo said...

i like big butts and i cannot lie.

McT's Girlfriend said...

Being Scottish, I have long ago accepted my fate that when I get married it will be to a Scottish women with a big hairy butt. That's why I'm putting off marriage for a few years.