Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lou Malnati's

What, you think I only had pizza once while in Chicago? Get real. The night after Giordano's I went for pizza with a larger group of people, and the larger the group the more room left for freaky toppings like jalepenos and anchovies. So I got a little individual pizza. The place was small, and the wait was insane-o (I don't know if that's normal or if the conference at the Hilton was to blame), but 40 minutes after arriving I got my pizza. Um, I guess it was fine. You know, like a very tasty pizza. I can't imagine that anyone would cross the earth for a taste of this place, but it was a decent meal. Same kind of sweetish-dry crust, and the cheese was great, but there wasn't enough of it. On your way to this place you will probably pass like 10 Giordano's so you know, I'm just saying.

RATING: 73%

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're killing me. I have a hard enough time staying away from this blog without you posting pictures and reviews of delicious things. Why can't you review something sensible, like computer paper, canned peas or VCR instruction manuals?

Anonymous said...

Do I see Jesus in that pizza?

laurie said...

I love NYC, but I have to admit...Chicago kicks our ass as far as pizza is concerned.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

jezza

hey was this place better than 73 out of a 100 pizza places

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i meant jeezza i guess ro wateva

LoCo said...

Really?? I can see your point, but I wouldn't go that far.

When I came back my boyfriend asked me which pizza was better, NY or Chicago. And I said that was like asking someone what noodle they liked better, spaghetti or lo mein. I feel like they're just prepared and served so differently that it's hard to compare them. I can definitely see preferring one over the other, but I wouldn't be ready to proclaim one of them as "better" than the other.

But I just love my large triangular slices. I feel like a sissy eating pizza with a knife and fork. Knife and fork! All that should be left afterwards is a crumpled sheet of wax paper and a paper plate, see-thru with grease. Nom.

Timmaaay!!! said...

Loco, next time you're up here, we'll have to take you out for St. Louis pizza. I don't know if you had it when you were here before.

For those unfamiliar, if you can imagine the thinness of New York pizza's crust, but with no yeast, which makes the crust cracker-thin and much less filling. It also usually has Provel cheese, which was actually created in St. Louis, unless I'm mistaken. It's cut into squares... delicious, cheesy, greasy squares!

laurie said...

Yeah unfortunately NYC pizza really has never rocked my world like Chicago pizza does. I think it's because I don't get all excited about crust. I want there to be at least like, two times as much topping as there is crust.

LoCo said...

I want St. Louis pizza. I want any Pizza that is not from a Hut or a Papa.

Timmaaay!!! said...

St. Louis pizza, then some Ted Drewes. It's a date.

Anonymous said...

Dude...Chicago pizza ALWAYS takes 40 minutes. Quality is worth waiting for. Lou Mal's is good, but for my money the best pizza in Chicago is at the original Connie's on Archer Avenue...