Monday, February 16, 2009

James Buchanan

Jimmy Buchanan was the 15th President of the United States and apparently our worst ever. Why the worst ever you ask? Is it because he's the only President to remain unmarried and originate from the blue-collar state of Pennsylvania? No, he's generally considered the worst because he was a "doughface" Northerner who supported the South, and failed to avert the Civil War (I'd argue that it was an inevitable result of the times). I think that's kind of unfair because George W. Bush is easily worse than Buchanan. Post your words of support for J.B. this President's Day.

RATING: 17%

16 comments:

laurie said...

I really don't have anything controversial to say about this. And if you can't say something controversial, why say anything at all?

Chris said...

This is the road R3 is heading down.

I knew it was only a matter of time before intellectualism would ruin this blog.

Anonymous said...

Is V3 blog operational yet?

Chris said...

Soon McTavish. Very soon.

V3 is going to be awesomeness.

Anonymous said...

Will you be able to block you-know-who from posting?

DCP said...

Intellectualism? I just reviewed Star Trek Deep Space Nine. I'm doing my best to keep this blog as low brow as possible.

Anonymous said...

What the fuck is a president?

John said...

Yeah, I thought the diarrhea in the elevator might be a little highbrow for this crowd.

John said...

But I just couldn't resist the classical reference to hubris via its cognate "hybrid" with that picture of the raccoon fucking a dog. I figured, what the Hell. Someone from Yale might read this blog, right?

La dee da.

*snoot snoot*

John said...

Here's a horse with a uterine prolapse. I like to think it deconstructs naturalistic crypto-sexism in our late capitalist patriarchal hegemonic society.

Anonymous said...

Did that happen after you had sex with it?

Anonymous said...

Just asking.

Chris said...

I'm not saying it's all entirely intellectual.

And I actually appreciate remembering at times the collective intelligence of this blog is somewhere close to Goethe.

Bryan said...

JB was no James K Polk.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

holy fuck i just clicked that link

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

btw mccatfish is you know who glen?