Friday, November 21, 2008

Land-O-Lakes Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil

We've already discussed the frustrations of dealing with frigid butter that won't spread, but I am happy to say that I've found a lovely solution in this spreadable butter. I didn't believe that the butter, as promised on the packaging, wouldn't need any defrosting, heating, or cajoling to soften up to a spreadable state, but I was wrong -- even straight out of the ice box, you'll have no trouble sinking your knife in and getting this butter to spread. If you're of the confectionary-minded sort, this is the butter for you! The label assures that it's "ideal for spreading, topping, cooking and baking." It can be really challenging to knead a hard stick of butter into dough, but this creamy spread will blend right into your batter. Eat your heart out, Betty Crocker.

RATING: 83%

7 comments:

DCP said...

I guess food innuendo might just be a good way to get our hit count up.

laurie said...

Hello? Credit to laurie for recommending this in my comment to the cold butter post?

John said...

No cajoling before spreading? Ludicrous.

LoCo said...

My bad, Laurie! I never noticed that we reccommended the same butter. I hope this convinces everyone that it is truly fantastic butter.

Anonymous said...

I've spoken to the Land-O-Lakes people. Your check is in the mail.

LoCo said...

Oh, man, I was hoping they would just send me a three-gallon tub of this butter. For, you know. Toast and stuff.

shoppista said...

I love that you said "ice box." Also, I'm totally buying this now.