Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oversized Images

I hope someone is reading this, before it's too late...I recently moved to Washington (state, not city), and something strange happened on the flight over here. I must've passed through a tear in the space-time continuum, because for whatever reason, I seem to have thrust myself (get this) into a world where I am publishing posts with giant pictures! While I know this may be hard to believe, and while I have no rational explanation for it, I've found that this (may not be) a temporary effect - it seems to be (possibly, for all I know) permanent!

WHY DO PICTURES SPREAD OUT OF CONTROL!? HOW IS IT THAT I TRY TO POST FOR LIKE, THE FIRST TIME IN AGES, AND SOMETHING GOES WRONG?

I assure you, I am not making this up. Please help me. My story must be told.

RATING: 12%

(photo courtesy of the photo devil, size courtesy of whim, chance, and fancy)

9 comments:

DCP said...

My favorite posts on R3 are the ones that reference R3 in some way. The more important question is, did you find a comic shoppe?

Bryan said...

No, haven't found a place for comics yet. Waiting for my car to come in.

But, I enjoy the adding of the "-pe" you threw in there. Added some class!

John said...

The sizing function on blogger seems to have stopped working for pics where you just put in the URL. I've had more luck downloading them onto the desktop and then uploading them back onto blogger.

John said...

If self-consciousness is self-referential, then R3 should come to life and start taking over the world any day now.

laurie said...

Judging from the number of comments you leave every day, John, I'd say it's already taken over your life.

John said...

Hey, now. I'm a student--I have a lot of not-reading to do.

LoCo said...

Dear Bryan,

In your post, I see you have used a screen shot! Might you share how one produces such a screen shot for the less tech-savvy readers (and posters)?

Sincerely,
loco

Bryan said...

Step 1: Get a job with an extremely large technology/consulting company.
Step 2: Have them require you to capture screen captures.
Step 3: Have them not provide you with a suitable method of doing so.
Step 4: Purchase SnagIt with your own money. Sure it's only forty bucks, but it's really more the principle of the thing.
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!

Bryan said...

Try this:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/screencapturefree/Free_Screen_Capture_Tools_for_Windows.htm