Monday, November 17, 2008

Catwoman: When In Rome

I thought that since I've never reviewed a book by the team of Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale, now was as good a time as any ha ha jk lol idkfa. Anyway, this could have been pretty standard fare, a throwaway taking place in the middle of Batman: Dark Victory, but instead Loeb writes an extremely entertaining and often hilarious Catwoman. She's a strong and interesting character, and the humor in her narration really helps keep this book from being as brooding and dire as everything else this team tends to do. One problem I have with this, and it goes for every Tim Sale book, is that every time there's a splash page or very large panel in the middle of the book he has to sign his fucking signature to it, which really takes me out of the story. Look, buddy, your name is huge on the front of the book so I know you didn't just give up half way through, ok? Who are you, JG Jones?

RATING: 83%

COMIC BOOK JOKE THAT NOBODY WILL GET RATING: 41%

4 comments:

John said...

Why 41%?

DCP said...

It wasn't that funny to begin with.

John said...

Oh--I get it. It's the JP Jones thing, right? I thought you meant it was some sort of joke to do with the number 41. I guess I was having a sort of quasi-Douglas Adams moment.

LoCo said...

A book about a cat woman in Rome is something I should theoretically get excited about. And yet...