Monday, November 17, 2008

The Renaissance

One day a bunch of Europeans decided they were sick of being dumb and dying all the time way early, so they decided to try to get smarter. That was called the Renaissance. It means "To Get Smart Real Quick" in French talk. Basically, everybody started being interested in Classical literature like Dracula and shit and also they invented perspective in art and I think the toaster oven. It was a grand old time but people were still all crazy about God in a way that meant you could be excommunicated and murdered for forgetting a nipple on Jesus in a church commissioned painting. So points off there but I guess it was pretty good if you like book learnin you liberal pansies.

RATING: 79%

6 comments:

John said...

Another important aspect of the renaissance was money money--double entry bookkeeping was invented, and it became OK to charge interest, which led to the understanding that time was worth money as well as to the idea of credit as we currently understand it. Also, the science of probability developed out of the quantification of financial risk.

Anonymous said...

i liek the pr0n motherfckers always naked back then

Anonymous said...

hey chekc out my new userid-pics the bom

Anonymous said...

(posts here are pretty sfw for those of you with jobs)

DCP said...

Those of you with jobs - you mean everybody but me, don't you?

John said...

I'm not even allowed to work in this country. That's why I have so much time to lurk around on R3--at least if I'm typing, I'm not eating.