Friday, November 28, 2008

Herr's Heinz Ketchup Chips

When I was small and I visited my cousins in Toronto, I would always be sure to smuggle several small bags of Hostess's Ketchup Chips back with me. The first time I saw the chips, I was both overjoyed and affronted: how could such revolutionary potato chips exist and yet be unavailable to me across the border? Eventually I forgot about the chips, but at Pathmark I saw a whole rack of these. And they're not bad! Unlike the Hostess chips, these are ruffled, but there's the same freeze-dried, sodium-laced tomato taste I remember so fondly. Whenever I mention kethcup chips to anyone, they act like the concept disgusts them, but if you've ever eaten ketchup with your french fries then it's really not that much of a stretch.

RATING: 86%

8 comments:

John said...

I don't see why Lay's hasn't just cut out the chips entirely and started selling shakers full of ketchup crystals.

Pure flavour.

LoCo said...

Yeah this is one chip flavor for which I will excavate the bottom of the bag.

LoCo said...

...so they're Lays now? No more cartoon monster Hostess people?

Anonymous said...

im fuckig drunk as hel and posting dont care wat anyone says

Anonymous said...

holy fuck ripped off my as s on bud lite and only had like 4 of em

John said...

Hostess was rebranded as Lay's. It's all the same chips, but no munchie characters.

LoCo said...

I also really liked the Dill Pickle flavor. Pringles has that flavor now, but it's a lot less tart.

laurie said...

I put mayo on my fries, so where my damn mayo chips? Maybe that's sour cream and onion?