Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crimes And Misdemeanors

#44 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

I just saw this a couple of weeks ago, but it single handedly replaced Annie Hall on my list. I mean, I love Annie Hall, but this movie is so depressing and wonderful. I love the way the two main stories, that of a rich man planning on murdering his mistress and that of a poor documentary filmmaker trying to woo a woman, hover around each other, briefly brushing occasionally. I haven't seen Match Point, which all the critics say is his best, but this is easily my favorite Woody Allen movie. I would also like to say that I hope Woody Allen puts himself in another one of his movies before he dies. Since he makes about 10 a year, that shouldn't be too difficult.

RATING: 92%

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im nmot sure i red that rite... did you say mathc point was the best reviewed woody allen movie cuz i thought it blew a