Monday, November 17, 2008

The Texas Renaissance Festival

I'm not sure what history books these people have been reading about the Renaissance, but I think there were probably substantially less fairies, dragons, Imperial Stormtroopers, pirates, and obese people dressed up in revealing outfits in the actual Renaissance than at this fair. That said, this shit is hella fun so check it out if you are in Texas in October/November. It is really big - I thought a Renaissance fair was just a bunch of tents and high school kids arguing about Space Track or whatever but this has a ton of permanent structures and something like 10,000 people a day visiting it. It's really elaborate and for the most part the actors are really cool unless they are doing terrible Asian stereotypes like this one white dude, but whatevs it's awesome.

RATING: 85%

11 comments:

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

Huzzah Renaissance Festivals! Now if only we can get a decent one in north Florida...

John said...

I hope they had mead.

DCP said...

Oh, they had mead. It is gross but the three of us split a bottle.

Anonymous said...

Yu yie, Glenn. Yu yie.

Anonymous said...

holy fuck! jacquis still here

Anonymous said...

how r u

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

I'm fine. Thanks for asking. I'm in Florida until I accepted into a PhD. program. Hopefully, it will be in the upcoming fall semester, but you never know how these things work. If I get accepted into the one school I applied to in Florida, I might be here for a little longer than this year.

Anonymous said...

ro k n roll sister keep on postin in the free worldshow these boys you can hang

Jacqui said...

Will do, my friend.