Friday, November 28, 2008

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper


There's a diabetic in my house, so every time I come home the fridge is stocked with bizarre incarnations of diet soda. The latest is Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. First of all, if it takes longer for me to type the name of the soda than it does for me to finish the can, points off. Although quite miraculously, this soda does taste like what might have happened if you combined Diet Dr. Pepper and black cherry soda in your junior chemistry set, and then performed an experiment in which you sucked every hint of sweetness or tastiness from the combo. If there is one dominant flavor in this soda, I would say it's neither cherry nor vanilla but something more akin to stomach rot. It's not as bad as the chocolate-covered-whatever Dr. Pepper that Glenn brought to his class once, but it's not good, friends. It's not good.
RATING: 34%

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaah this shit seems totaaly fucked dogg i only drink mtn dew and dr. riffic from wal mart

John said...

They're probably so busy getting sued by Axl Rose that they don't have time to make their flavours good.

Chris said...

Dr. Pepper > all sodas combined

shoppista said...

Well, all sodas combined would be pretty gross, Chris, so that is not a fair contest.

I can really only tolerate Diet Coke in the diet soda pantheon, and that is because, as a fetus, in the womb, I absorbed it probably more than my mother's blood or whatever, and am thus about 30% aspartame (or whatever that shit in Diet Coke is).

Chris said...

It's mostly made of poison, I believe.