Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Piano Concerto No. 1 by Prokofiev

There used to be a time when I was young that I was all like "Prokofiev is the fuckin PIMP." Then I got older and it turned into a bunch of garbage or some fucking shit, with all of his recurring motherfucking leitmotifs of Georgian themes and shit, and the same predictable chord progressions. Basically what had happened was I took Prokofibitch by the throat and said "Your ass is to the curb," and then I threw his ass to the curb (metaphor). But then the other day I bought all his concertos on sale for 10 FUCKING DOLLARS (true story) and after listening to his first piano concerto in D-flat major I have to admit that, yes, my bust, Prokofiev actually is one bad ass motherfucker, and while the first concerto is in and out quick like me with your moms last night, he still manages to build a furious emotional stake with some deft tonal shifts and sudden key changes, so fuck all you haters like I used to be, just get your ass to Border's and buy this shit.

RATING: 80%

18 comments:

John said...

Lots of bad word's in this post, eh?

McT's Girlfriend said...

Ha, ha, "in and out quick like me with your mom last night,"---you're dirty---I like.

McT's Girlfriend said...

Do you like Prokofiev as background music when you are having sex?

McT's Girlfriend said...

Does anyone know if Glenn is actually getting any? I mean, I hope I didn't hurt his feelings with that question.

DCP said...

My comedic fallback is cognitive dissonance.

laurie said...

@SMF: Actually I'm pretty sure Glenn is "getting" more than anyone else here at R3. (I hear his girlfriend is kind of a freak. You know, in the sexy way.) Lucky Glenn!

McT's Girlfriend said...

Lovers are lunatics.

Grumio said...

In sooth, the tawny Moor hath taken a lusty wench, a daughter of York unwed. Mayhap even now they make the two-back'd beast.

I've a-heard it is the Moor's wont to conjoin not fore but aft, as do the beasts of our Texan fields. 'Swounds, what Christian soul could full fathom the infidel's inscrutable conscience?

McT's Girlfriend said...

@Laurie
I find that it's a real challenge to get layed regularly.

laurie said...

@SMF: I can imagine.

glenn's gf said...

lol jisus laurie.
and john i have a lot more agency than desdemona, thank you.

Chris said...

Speak for yourself, Laurie.

And I.J., but that's not fair, because Robyn is in Canada.

laurie said...

@glenn's gf: I have been waiting all weekend for you to get home and see my comment!

@Chris: I wasn't saying I don't get laid, I just said I don't get laid as much as Glenn. Don't worry, I get mine.

John said...

Jokes.

Desdamona lacks agency? Read the play again.

laurie said...

Godammit, stop talking about Othello!

John said...

Why? It's a great play.

glenn's gf said...

EW. YOU read the play again.

John said...

EW? What's that supposed to mean?