Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Myth Takes by !!!

I can't emphasize enough how pretentious it is to name your band solely using punctuation marks, but who cares about pretentiousness when you're dancing the night away you indie snob? Myth Takes is a pretty good contemporary dance/punk album in the spirit of The Rapture or New Order. Sure, the lyrics and singing are pretty bad, but I didn't care that much because the music was so intricately layered and catchy that I could easily tune it out. The album almost would have gotten an additional 7% from me if only it could have avoided the requisite slow/boring song at the end, but oh well I can just pretend it's a nine song album and then maybe my personal world will be a little brighter.

RATING: 75%

6 comments:

Robyn said...

What am I suppose to see in this Magic Eye, Glenn?

laurie said...

I dunno, I was into this album for about five minutes, but it never really stuck. And then I sort of forgot about it.

DCP said...

I like almost every album I buy a lot right after I buy it, then I usually forget about it three weeks later. Maybe I should put a three week delay on buying albums and reviewing them.

laurie said...

Did you just buy this? It came out like two years ago.

DCP said...

My bad, moneybags. I had to wait for Borders to have a 40% off sale. Also, I forgot that music not written in the past year sucks. Didn't take this week's Hipster Placement Test.

DCP said...

In retrospect this is too high a rating for this album which ends up being pretty boring on subsequent listens.