Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adaptation.

#32 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

Everybody hates this movie except for me and like two other people I know, but I think it's really funny and touching and pretentious. Well, can't get around that last one I guess. In it Nicholas Cage plays twin screenwriter brothers, one of whom is struggling to adapt a book about flowers and the other who decides one day to write a stupid blockbuster serial killer movie that rips off everything else and immediately sells it. Ok, maybe that doesn't do the "plot" justice, but what if I mention crazy old Charlie Kaufman wrote it, now will you see it? I can lend it to you.

RATING: 91%

5 comments:

John said...

I haven't seen it, but I've been meaning to. Ole' Nicholas Cage kind of gets on my nerves sometimes, though. I'm not sure what 2 of him would be like.

McT's Girlfriend said...

As always, Meryl Streep was irresistible and Nicolas Cage (both of him) was amazing. I watched it a second time after learning a bit about “The Orchid Thief” and, with that, it only got better. Although it’s a loopy storyline (I’m still not sure if giving the protagonist the same name as the screenwriter added or detracted from it), great acting and directing made it work. And it was a damn good excuse to munch a tub of popcorn---I wish I knew how they make it soooo delicious.

Timmaaay!!! said...

I might have to review his résumé, but this might be the last really good Nicolas Cage movie. It's really outstanding.

LoCo said...

I've seen it, but I literally do not remember what happens. Just that the ending infuriated me. Ba-dop-ba!

Sarah said...

Love me some Nic Cage.