Monday, April 13, 2009

Starbucks London Fog Tea

Starbucks London Fog is a tea drink thats made of tea brewed from a bag of fancy longleaf earl grey and steamed milk. Its pretty good, but it certainly isn't $2 more good than putting half and half into a regular starbucks earl grey tea, which is what I normally do. In fact, it tasted pretty much exactly the same, so next time I will get the usual and keep my $2 to buy some cookies.

Rating: 75%
Value Rating: 4%

PS - Sorry about that lame picture. I'm too lazy to look for a better one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thing I like most about Starbucks is that they carry a temptation quotient of near zero--all of their offerings are easy to resist. Except, perhaps, their date squares. Sure these cost $5 for a 2X2 inch piece but they aren't half bad.

Anonymous said...

Does that guy still sell DNH cookies or was he shamed enough that he dropped them?

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

who the eff is doing all th anon comments is it ientreeter jon

John said...

Nope. I like Starbucks and rap. Haven't had London Fog, though. Their green tea is pretty pedestrian.

laurie said...

@anon: I dunno, but if I ever find myself in the W. Village I'll swing by and see if he still sells them.

@1st anon: Their treats got a hell of a lot more resistible after Bloomberg made them start putting the calories right on the display case. That rice crispy treat looks a lot less tasty with a giant 410 slapped on it. My flat stomach thanks you Mikey B!

Anonymous said...

What, you count calories?

Aren't you the I-celebrated-the-crucifixion-of-Jesus-by-eating-a-bag-of-sour-Jelly-Bellys lady?

Not that being inconsistent is bad for you.

laurie said...

I count calories like a mad woman, but you know, sometimes you just need to eat a bag of candy. I think Jesus would approve.