Thursday, April 16, 2009

Paying For Internet

I've had the luxury of sharing internet access with my neighbor for the past year; but there were many times during the year I considered paying for internet service, because I was tired of having to sit in the same place on my couch every time to get a decent signal. It sounds cheap, I know, but in this economic climate every twenty spot counts. But I finally broke down, and decided to fairly share internet service and split the bill. I figured I could deal without $10/month. Honestly, I can't say paying for the internet makes it anymore fun. It's actually less fun, but at least I have a stable connection. I believe in this technological age the internet is a right, and service should be subsidized by the federal government for the people. Otherwise, the internet is just another means for the man to keep us down. Just kidding. Do I look like a fucking commie?

RATING: 58%

5 comments:

laurie said...

Internet is $20 there? Jesus, maybe I should move to Houston.

Chris said...

It's bundled together with the cable, but it's about $20.

laurie said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I pay $50 just for internet. I think it would be $100 for cable, internet, and phone together. NYC is so lame when it comes to cost of living.

Chris said...

They've got $100 packages for all cable, internet and phone too, but they're the "basic" level of service.

This friend at work managed to get us all the channels AT&T offers and internet for $80.

John said...

I pay for my internet and have a router in my 1 bedroom apartment and I still have to sit in 1 spot to get good reception.