Monday, April 13, 2009

Stunts, Blunts And Hip Hop by Diamond D And The Psychotic Neurotics

Here's an album that none of you will probably care about, but take my word it's pretty good. Diamond D never got really famous as a rapper or anything, but as a producer he's had a pretty illustrious career. Listening to this album that's not really surprising, since most of the lyrics are pretty basic, and his style of delivery is just matter-of-fact, nothing flashy. However, the production on this album is terrific, and he pulls from a variety of jazz/r&b/kids music sources to create really great background tapestries for his mediocre lyrics. So I guess if we're riding in the car one day you can ask and I'll put this album on, but I can't really urge you to go out and buy it with all of my heart.

RATING: 67%

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I got to say on this is that rap is crap!

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

rape?

John said...

I only listen to rap that doesn't rhyme.

laurie said...

Uh oh, BNL's gettin controversial.

LoCo said...

Why in the song is he allowed to say "breasts" but not "ass"?

DCP said...

Breasts is not a slang term? Besides, I think he self-edited that anyway, because it's the same on the album.

LoCo said...

So he was just being coy. Damn him.