Saturday, April 4, 2009

R3 Dallas Board Meeting

The R3 Dallas Board Meeting, which took place at the Flying Saucer on Friday, April 4th, was a moderate success. After several hours of deliberation, Viking Andrew and Internet John decided that they should comment on each other's posts more, that John has to pee 20% more often than Andrew, that there's a fine line between funny and racist but young white men don't get to decide where it is, and that Lindeman's Framboise in a long-stemmed glass is a very fruity drink. They were unable to reach an agreement on whether it's acceptable or gross that hair grows on girls' armpits.

Quote of the night: "Cell phone or boyfriend remote control?" (I'm kidding--I made that up just now.)

RATING: 0.09% or thereabouts, although Internet John sobered up some when he got home and made an omlette.

(Image from http://lushlifekc.com.)

11 comments:

Viking Andrew said...

I have a tremendous headache today. Also, it's good to know where one could dump a body in Addison.

John said...

When my head hurts, I find a good cry always helps.

Nice kitten, BTW. Do you think Foucault plans to eat or sodomize it? Or perhaps, owing to power's capillary microtechniques, it will eat and sodomize itself.

Viking Andrew said...

As my favorite literary vampire, I think Foucault's intentions are to drain the kitten of its blood and then ask it to investigate the hidden social power structures that allowed the event to occur.

John said...

Welcome to the panopticon, kitty, population YOU.

laurie said...

Forget all that other stuff, I want to see the kitty!

Viking Andrew said...

Laurie, you can see the kitty. That's the point of punishment. You can see the kitty the way Robert François Damiens saw his own genitalia burned in front of him. It's a wonderful life.

John said...

It's not even a real cat, just a passive juvenile feline function of VIking Andrew's discursive practices. What I can't figure out is if it's genuinely subversive, or ironically complicit.

I suspect there's nothing any of us can do either way. That's the fun thing about Foucault--it really is all that bad.

laurie said...

Now you're just sort of irritating me. Also, did anyone notice I changed my facebook status to "Laurie is ironically complicit." Props to John for that one.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

did u guis forget to send me a invitation

John said...

Andrew, I just read "What is an Author" last night, and I think the vampire metaphor is apt. Foucault's author isn't a soul, it's an undead shade, reanimated in a passive, mindless way. There's circulation, but no blood, no beauty, no blush.

I might actually put that in my presentation on New Historicism:

Stephen Greenblatt, Reanimator, Presents a Putrefying, Shambling Undead Facsimile of William Shakespeare for Your Delectation and Horror

Has a nice ring to it.

Viking Andrew said...

Also, we saw Mike Doocey, local sports anchor!