Thursday, October 23, 2008

All-Star Superman

I don't care about Superman. He's too powerful, he's too nice, and his comics are just plain boring. But I have to say that All-Star Superman, written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Frank Quitely, is probably the best straight superhero book ever written. Quitely's art is amazing, and Grant Morrison tempers his usual crazy bag of crazy with enough delicate character moments that he actually made me care about this boring guy. There are only 12 issues of this run, so seriously if you like comics there is no excuse to not own this, except for the fact that the second six issues won't be collected until February.

RATING: 98%

2 comments:

John said...

Best ever, eh? Might have to check that out, although I can technically only rate it 2%

DCP said...

Hey, I'm sure we'd both rate Watchmen pretty high, even if it is hip to love that book right now.