Monday, October 27, 2008

The Exorcist

#47 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

This is the scariest movie ever made. I know, I know- you've heard it all before. But it's not just the effects (which are pretty outdated) that make it scary, but the whole slow atmosphere of the movie. There are strange dream sequences, a lot of quiet parts, and real freaky possession stuff doesn't even happen until an hour into the movie. I think that's the problem with most horror movies now. They want to just clobber you with scares from frame one rather than set up a real creepy atmosphere and crescendo, which I think is substantially more effective.

RATING: 91%

1 comment:

John said...

I thought the scene with that big CAT scan machine or whatever was the scariest part of the movie.

Is anyone else unable to delete comments anymore? That little delete icon has simply vamoosed.