Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Dogfish head 90 Minute IPA is good stuff, although I'm not sure it's the best beer in the USA like that guy from Esquire said. Since it's an imperial IPA, it has even more hops and balls than usual. The only problem with this beer, in my opinion, is that one minute you're sipping away happily, and the next you're buzzed at 8:00 PM on a Tuesday and you still have to read half of Hamlet. Seriously--you might as well curl up in the La-Z-Boy with a good book and a pint of vodka.

RATING: 90%, or 93% if you're drinking it from a snifter like a pretentious twat

(Image from www.thecookblog.com.)

4 comments:

Chris said...

Best beer in America? Doubt it, but certainly my favorite.

I've got the same problem with it. You can only manage one (responsibly). I believe it's around 11% ABV, so it's similar to drinking a beer bottle filled with wine. I'd like to see someone try and drink the entire 4-pack, though.

Chris said...

I stand corrected, the 120-minute IPA is around 11 or 12%. The 90-minute is only 9% ABV.

Dirk said...

Damn fine beer, my only regret is not having discovered this review prior to downing 3 on a Tuesday afternoon. Now I fear I'll be going to Products Liability class solidly buzzed this evening. Alas Chris I think your fine taste in libation may just allow me to overlook your poor taste in NFL franchise.

laurie said...

What makes Dirk's comment even funnier is that the products liability professor is an 85 year old hasidic rabbi. Seriously.