Friday, December 12, 2008

Piece Of Cake by Mudhoney

I don't know why everybody hates on this album according to Wikipedia, the most reliable source on Earth. I think it's a great piece of grungedom. There's obviously classic songs like "Suck You Dry" and "No End In Sight," and you can really tell here that Mudhoney, like Nirvana, was obsessed with old blues and folk songs. A lot of standard blues riffs, etc. Man, you just can't get enough of Mark Arm's wailing here, either, damn!

RATING: 77%

3 comments:

Bryan said...

They're from Bellevue. I'm from Bellevue now.

Plus, I think Acetone is a great song.

John said...

I know why everyone on Wikipedia hates on me: I remove cited material, reword my bad-faith edits like 200 times and pick fights on discussion pages.

Long live democracy.

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall a comment about getting us into cyberspace via this Catbook everyone is talking about? Might you have a timetable for when I can expect this to happen?