Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Gator Sushi

Only in Florida, could you go to a sushi restaurant, and have the option to order sushi from the most delicious of water reptiles, the alligator.

I'd never eaten any form of gator before, but apparently, it should be deep-fried in tempura batter, then wrapped in rice, seaweed, scallions, and smelt roe. Slightly spicy, and tasting a bit like chicken, only stringier and gamy-er. It's not, uh, GOOD like tuna sushi, but it's not bad. When Steve Irwin spread his message of conversationism and stupidly wrestling dangerous animals, I believe this was the ultimate end he had in mind.


RATING: 55% (which means that its better than The Duggars, but worse than the twenty-fifth amendment)

(image courtesy of PenguinDisco)

6 comments:

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

first

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

hey brayan long time reader firsst time commenter do you think gators taste like chicken because they eat so much chikcen or do you think its just a cioncidence (sp?)

DCP said...

I like regular fried alligator. I don't know if that adds to the discussion, but I don't have anything to post about. And by that I mean I don't have MS Paint in Illinois I don't think.

Bryan said...

Well, it's probably more like how alligators taste like people (because they eat people) and people taste more like chicken. But that's just my best guess.

And I'm more than a little offended that Illinois outlawed MS Paint. But it all came through ok in the end, it seems.

LoCo said...

Fried alligator, alligator pie, and now sushi? How versatile, the scaly beast.

laurie said...

As a native Floridian, I'm not sure if I should feel proud or ashamed. But for what it's worth, I've always thought alligator is tasty, even if it is kind of salty.