Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA


This is quite simply the worst beer in the universe. I ordered it at the Flying Saucer at my waitress' suggestion, and was immediately sorry I did. It tastes like Thunderbird, or Hermit's, or some other sugary bum wine--very sweet, with a bouquet of sour fruit and ethanol and a distinctly assy finish. I asked the waitress to take it away, because I didn't even want to look at it, let alone drink it. So you can imagine my consternation when I got my bill and discovered that this little bastard cost $12. Twelve dollars! For that kind of money, I expect a beer to be good and come in a diamond-encrusted goblet brought to the table in the fist of God himself.

RATING: 0%, actually more like -10%, because now when I drink Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, It tastes kind of like the 120.

(Image from brainardbrewing.com. God damn, I'm hung over.)

12 comments:

LoCo said...

Should have stuck to Mead, John.

Anonymous said...

What did the write up say about it in the menu?

$12 beer= big tip for waitress

Although if you were at a strip club or Hooters it would explain the prices and taking "advice" from the waitress!
HAHA!

Chris said...

Well, isn't my favorite, but $12 is actually fair considering that the retail for a 12 oz. bottle is about the same.

If that makes you feel any better.

John said...

Fair or not, it's about $12 more than it's worth. Fack.

Anonymous said...

you shoudnt drink so much internet jon glen says it makes you meen (mean?)

John said...

Glenn's the one who gets mean. I heard him say, "Fuck you" to Viking Andrew like 20 times.

DCP said...

I thought I was being charming. Whoops!

John said...

You'd better text him and apologize.

Chris said...

I never said it was a good excuse, John. I just hoped it might make you feel better.

Also, I just tried a beer called Scaldis Noel last night. Terrific. The best beer I've had all year. High on the alcohol, but low on that cloyingly sweet Belgian taste.

John said...

Geez, Chris, why don't you just stick up for your favorite beer, Dogfish Head 120 already? Maybe Dogfish Head will write some reviews on a blog with you and buy you a Lone Star next time they're in Houston.

Scaldis Noel sounds like something you do to your balls when the bathwater is too hot on Christmas day. I'll keep an eye out for it, although it's gonna take me a while to get through the fridge full of beer that Glenn and I bought but didn't drink.

Chris said...

I hope it's a case of 120 minute IPA in your fridge.

John said...

Yeah, a $72 six pack.