Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pasadena by Ozma

Ozma is a band that used to get compared to Weezer a lot, but now no one cares (about either band, I think). Except I like them (both), and Ozma's gone a little more towards synthesizers, more complex song structure, and multiple vocals. I don't know how other people feel about this album, but I like it, or more accurately, I like the first half of it. The best song (musically) on this album is Heartache vs. Heartbreak, and I'd totally link to the YouTube video of them playing it live, but I just watched it, and it's not worth it - the album track is much better than that crappy video. Thanks YouTube.

RATING: 64% (which means that it's better than a magazine, but worse than Supreme Power Volume 1)

3 comments:

DCP said...

I saw Ozma live twice. The first time they opened for Weezer in 2001, before the Green Album came out. Weezer really sucked that show, but I loved Ozma. The second time I went to an Ozma show, but Earlimart and Slowreader opened for them and they were great, while Ozma had some song about baseball or something that attracted a crowd of angry frat boy types. They sucked that show.

Bryan said...

Where'd you see Ozma with Slowreader? In Texas?

DCP said...

No, in Orlando, at the Sapphire Supper Club/The Social.