Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Dark Knight

#39 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

I'm really bummed that I didn't see this movie a long time ago while doing this list. The only movies that I'm doing in true order are the top ten, but I still knocked some movies out a long time ago that I would have felt a lot better replacing than John Carpenter's The Thing (like this, this, this, or this). But oh well, this movie is without a doubt the best superhero movie there's ever been, and one of the best crime movies, period. I mean, damn! Any time the Joker was on screen the whole theater was rapt. I don't know why I'm bothering to even talk about it since you've probably seen it already, and if you haven't, then JESUS, rent it now.

RATING: 93%

4 comments:

Chris said...

This movie got snubbed on the Golden Globe nominations.

It was not only a great superhero film, but a terrific movie overall.

Anonymous said...

Not a total snub. Heath Ledger got a posthumous nod. He has a good chance of getting one at the Oscars, too. Let's face it, though, a movie like The Dark Knight is not going to be nominated in any of the other major categories for awards like that. Maybe People's Choice or MTV Movie Awards, but not Golden Globes or Oscars.

I did love The Dark Knight, except for its handling of Scarecrow, the way (SPOILER) Two-Face- amazingly depicted by the underappreciated Aaron Eckhart- was gypped out of a sequel (END SPOILER), and that irritating Boogie-Man voice that Christian Bale does when he's Batman. Other than those three things, and a few other ones that are also very nitpicky and minor, The Dark Knight was faboo!

Anonymous said...

I loooved Dark Night even though u made me watch it TWICE, in imax lol. Heath Ledger's so cute RIP. :*(

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

my favorite part was wen joker died (spoiler)