Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gandhi

Gandhi is a long, very well-made, boring movie about a guy named Gandhi, maybe you heard of him. I don't know, maybe I just don't have the attention span for massive historic epics anymore, but I bet if I saw this ten years ago I might have loved it. It was made in the 80s, but seems like one of those David Lean epics from the 50s/60s. Ben Kingsley is great, but one thing I wonder is how come in every movie about a famous person who was assassinated they always have to show the assassination in full gruesome glory? Although I guess in Mary Antoinette we were all a little sad not to see Kirsten Dunst get her head chopped off. Wait, what exactly was I talking about again? My attention span?

RATING: 58%

4 comments:

John said...

You thought Ghandi was boring, but you loved Malcolm X? I think you're out of your fucking mind.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

nice use of italics intenret jon

John said...

Everyone should italicize titles. That's how you tell Ghandi from Ghandi, and Malcolm X from Malcolm X.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

whose macolm x