Thursday, December 4, 2008

Being All Tired and Shit

No one likes being all tired and shit. Like when you stay up all night drinking with Russian figure skaters, and then go to an NHL game, and then write, like, a 25 page paper in 2 days, and then you stay up until the wee hours of the morning watching Dexter online for a bunch of days in a row, and all of the sudden it's 11:50 on Thursday night and you're not in bed, you're writing a shitty self-indulgent post on your friends' blog like people actually care how you waste your stupid time. I guess it beats eating peanuts and crying while sitting in a bathtub full of cold water. I don't know if anyone's ever really done that but it's fucking pathetic.

RATING: 5%

(Image from cache.daylife.com. These aren't the Russian figure skaters I'm talking about, I just thought they looked the part.)

17 comments:

DCP said...

You don't have to worry about staying up all night drinking with me since I am substantially less hardcore than Russian figure skaters. Jesus, I wish that was the first time in my life I've ever said that.

John said...

Just as long as you keep bathing and eating peanuts completely separate, we'll be fine.

John said...

Have you really said that before?

Anonymous said...

hey i got a joke about nuts (yall gonna laugh like heck

Anonymous said...

ready?

John said...

I was born ready.

Anonymous said...

what do you call nuts on your chest

laurie said...

I can't believe you are bitching about being tired because you stayed up drinking. BOOHOO I stayed up drinking and I'm all fucking tired. BOO. FUCKING. HOO. I am one week away from finals. In law school. I don't even know what sleep is anymore. So stop your bitching and be happy you get to drink beer at all.

John said...

Laurie: I'm sorry you're having a rough go of it, but there's no need for all those capital letters. I bet law school in NY is a real bitch, but let's use our indoor voices, OK? Being tired isn't a zero sum game--I can be tired, and you can be tired, and both of us are allowed to talk about it if we want to. We're all friends here.

Tom: Uh, dicknuts?

laurie said...

Oh come on now! If you're going to be all rational it just makes me look like a crazy person. Dammit.

And I thought that joke was what's nuts on your chin?

John said...

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were funny yelling or scary yelling. When you get in as many arguments on this blog as I do, you gotta be careful.

I guess no one put a gun to my head and told me to drink a six pack, a bottle of red wine and most of a quart of whiskey. BUT I'M STILL GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT. POOR ME. I EVEN TOOK A CANDLELIT BATH TO RELAX THIS MORNING BECAUSE I'M SOOOOO STRESSED.

John said...

I mean WAS. I WAS stressed.

Anonymous said...

i think someone put some anger hormones in one of internet jon's cocktails

laurie said...

Hey Canadians, what the fuck is going on with your government?

Anonymous said...

Nothing. Literally.

Anonymous said...

canada more like cantadda amirite

John said...

Canada is fuckin up.