Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Columbus, Ohio



While Glenn was in TX blogging his ass off this weekend, I was at a conference for law school democrats in Columbus, Ohio. Judging from what I saw, this just might be the most boring town I have ever visited. Evidence: the morning news all weekend went on and on about some home and garden show like it was the most damned exciting thing ever. I have to assume that when a home and garden show is THE thing to do on the weekend, your town must be pretty freaking boring. Also, all of the local news reporters were fugly (where is Sade Baderinwa when you need her!), and every single store was a chain. Oh and the weather was crappy. Sorry Columbians, but your town stinks!

Rating: 40%

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's my town you're talking about! It sounds like you must have been out in BFE if all you saw were chain stores. I live in Victorian Village near the Short North neighborhood, which is full of independent boutiques for clothing designers, artists, and collectors. The bars in SN are fantastic, as are the restaurants! And, for the record, I didn't see a single advertisement for a garden show.
If you want to know about Columbus, you can see my thoughts on it (http://jlsmither.blogspot.com/) or one of the many local blogs (http://www.columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/portal.php).

Where were you staying? I guarantee there's a lot in Columbus you missed entirely by not exploring a little bit!
But yes, the weather wasn't great, although we were pretty happy to see the sunlight!
RATING: 86%

laurie said...

Yeah to be fair I was mostly exploring the inside of the Ohio State law school. So maybe that's what sucks?

Jen said...

Maybe, they don't let scamps like me in there. But if you ever get the exciting opportunity to return, let me know. We'll go out some place fun that has nothing to do with law or flower shows.