Thursday, February 28, 2008

Unravelling Words & The Weaving Of Water by Cecilia Vicuna

No, that's not the book cover, but the book is way out of print so I couldn't find a picture of the cover on the internet and I am also inept with my camera and couldn't take a decent picture of it. Anyway, this book is by Chilean poet Cecilia Vicuna, and it's pretty decent for about 70 pages, which is how long a poetry book should be so I can't fault her for that. But unfortunately the book is 156 pages long and it kind of starts repeating itself (although perhaps with the recurrent theme of weaving and language moving in circles this is intentional?). The questioning of the origins of language are really engaging in the book, and I'm usually kind of resistant to poems that deal solely with the idea of language/object relation. But this is good.

RATING: 66%

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks it's out of print! I would've liked to check this book out. Are there any used copies floating around on the internet or something?

Jacqui