Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bitches Brew by Miles Davis

Everybody who has heard this album thinks it's great, and if they don't then they are really lying. If I had this in high school then I would have never stopped playing the trumpet. Sometimes I feel like I don't want to hear this album, but I put it in because I haven't listened to it in a million years, and then in about three seconds I want to beat up the me who thought he didn't want to hear the album because it is so awesome. Also in Houston the restaurant Chapultapec has this in their jukebox, so if you want to get your money's worth you can just pick one or two tracks from this album because they're all 25 minutes long.

RATING: 90%

6 comments:

laurie said...

That is a great album, but it's still not better than all of rock music.

Anonymous said...

See, if I had a choice between JAZZ and rock music, I actually might go with jazz--just because it doesn't get as hokely commercialized as rock. I know there's smooth jazz, but even the WORST smooth jazz moments aren't as bad as--say--Poison or Good Charolette (for a more recent choice).

Jacqui

PS--Great album, though I still like Kind of Blue a little better.

laurie said...

Oh Jacqui. How tragically wrong you are.

Anonymous said...

About what? Chosing jazz over rock music or liking Kind of Blue a little better than Bitches Brew? I'm guessing both. Well, my Kind of Blue preference is based more on sentimental value than any thing else, so my opinion on that is not so netrual. And chosing jazz over rock...well, I was thinking there is a lot more rock fluff than jazz fluff that are floating around the pop charts. But I'm now remebering that there was a time when Kenny G reigned supreme, so I could be wrong.

I still say that Poison and Good Charolette really, really suck, though.

Jacqui

Anonymous said...

Then there's always Michael Graves ...

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean Michael FRANKS?