Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Month of Ill-Fated Consumer Products #10: Esperanto


One day some guy realized that Europeans seemed to be having a hard time understanding each other's jibber jabber, so he made up some other, different jibber jabber that they could supposedly understand easier. It never really caught on. Why Europeans have to talk all fancy instead of just saying it like we do here in America is beyond me, but I suspect it has something to do with decadent effeminacy and intellectual frou frou. By the way: William Shatner.

RATING: Fiku vin%

(Image from shopturtlepie.wordpress.com.)

5 comments:

DCP said...

Somebody posted something about Esperanto on Facebook the other day and when I mentioned William Shatner he thought I was the biggest idiot on the face of the planet. I linked the wikipedia entry for the movie to prove that I'm not the biggest idiot on the face of the planet, just the biggest dork.

laurie said...

Man, you guys are both the biggest dork. You know, in an awesome way.

Brian Barker said...

Good luck to Esperanto :)

It's a pity that many people do not know that it has become a living language.

A glimpse of Esperanto can be seen at http://www.lernu.net

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

your barking up the wrong tree there brian barker

I.J. said...

Yeah I do all my Esperanto learning off Betamax tapes in quadrophonic.