Monday, December 21, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #21: Reggae Christmas

Five words: Bryan Adams' "Reggae Christmas," wow. While doing this Christmas song project I've listened to and watched videos for quite a few different songs, all of varying quality. However, I don't think I was quite prepared for Bryan freaking Adams' "Reggae Christmas." Initially, I thought I'd just make some jokes about Bryan Adams' being inspired to record the song while he was high (see also: Paul McCartney's "Wondeful Christmastime"). But then I saw the video, three and a half minutes of Pee Wee Herman in a horrible dread wig dancing around an MTV studio while Bryan Adams and his band mime playing the song on stage. Wow.

Rating: My mind is blown%

(Image from musicvideosthatsuck.com)

2 comments:

Internet Robyn said...

I can't stand "Crater face" Adams. Although, I have fond memories of singing Summer of '69 in Korea.

I.J. said...

If Rivers Cuomo and Dennis Leary went back in time and had a baby that was badly burned, it would definitely grow up to write "Cuts Like a Knife."