Wednesday, December 23, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #23: I'll Be Home for Christmas

Since I'm in my late twenties and I don't have any kids, Christmas isn't quite as exciting as it used to be. Though, one thing I always look forward to at Christmas time is seeing old friends. Hence today's selection, "I'll Be Home for Christmas." There's got to be at least a hundred versions of the song out there, but I've gone with Dean Martin's version. Only because I'm pretty sure he's the only person to do the song who has both gotten schmammered with Frank Sinatra and taken a swing at John Wayne (in a movie at least).

Rating: Suck on that, Bing Crosby%

(Image from libraryjournal.com)

1 comment:

I.J. said...

At least this particular spamming Chinaman has figured out how to write a hyperlink.

BTW, Bing Crosby made pipe smoking cool for a whole generation of lip and throat cancer patients.