Tuesday, December 1, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #1: Little Saint Nick

The Beach Boys' 1963 single "Little Saint Nick" comes over the loudspeakers whenever I walk into a mall during the Christmas season. I always smile when I hear it. Not because it dredges up any especially warm holiday memories though. Mostly because part of the chorus ("Merry Christmas Santa") sounds like they're singing "Merry Christmas Satan." And I happen to think that that is awesome.

Rating: Rum and eggnog%

(Image from loungemusica.blogspot.com)

5 comments:

I.J. said...

Me too.

Timmaaay!!! said...

I think they're saying, "Merry Christmas, St. Nick", but yeah, it does sound like "Satan" now that you mention it.

Quammy said...

I've seen the lyrics written as "Merry Christmas Saint Nick" and "Merry Christmas Santa." Either way, whenever I hear it, I hear "Merry Christmas Satan."

laurie said...

For those of us not hip enough to know this song, could we get some sort of link to somewhere I can listen to the songs on song reviews? If at all possible?

Quammy said...

@ laurie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSynDh_K0EE

When in doubt, just check youtube. I'm pretty sure all the songs I'm going to cover are on there.