Saturday, December 5, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #5: Do You Hear What I Hear?

"Do You Hear What I Hear?" was apparently written in the 60's as a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis, but whenever I hear it, all I can think about is one of my favorite sequences from Gremlins. You know the one, Mrs. Peltzer is baking cookies when she hears some noises coming from Billy's room. She goes up to investigate, discovers that all those freaky pods have hatched, and then suddenly "Do You Hear What I Hear?" starts playing on the family record player. Then it's back down to the kitchen for a little festive fight to the death with half a dozen gremlins. Ah, Christmas.

Rating: Smokeless ashtray%

(Image from thehousenextdooronline.com)

2 comments:

Internet Robyn said...

I used to have a reoccurring nightmare about the Gremlins. Let's not involve Santa with that!

Timmaaay!!! said...

When I hear it, I think of the Shaheen response to the title question: "Nooo IIIIIIII Dooooon't"...