Thursday, December 24, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #24: Merry Christmas Everybody

I was shoveling snow at work today when one of my co-workers played a snippet of Stompin' Tom Connors' "Merry Christmas Everybody" over the two-way radio. I was kind of surprised because I had never heard the song before and I consider myself somewhat of a casual fan of Stompin' Tom. For those not in the know (i.e. anyone who is not Canadian), Stompin' Tom Connors is a prolific Canadian folk/country singer. Having acquired the nickname for his tendency to stomp his foot to keep the rhythm while playing. Stompin' Tom is also known for his extensive discography which include such favorites as "The Hockey Song" and "Bud the Spud."

Rating: Turkey and mashed potatoes%

(Image from amazon.ca)

3 comments:

DCP said...

You know, I always assumed that Stompin' Tom was dead, or much older than he actually is.

I.J. said...

Stompin Tom is a god. Not the God, but a god.

Internet Robyn said...

GRAVY!