Tuesday, December 15, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #15: The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)

Grammy award winning "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" was first released in 1958. Written and sung by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr., the track was credited to Dave Seville and the Chipmunks. Though initially created as a novelty record, the Chipmunks would go on to become a multi-faceted "musical" entertainment property that has lasted more than fifty years (Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel opens on December 23rd, 2009). I'm guessing it must have been a lot harder to annoy people in the 1950's, I'm gonna go ahead and blame that on the red menace

Rating: Nuts% 

(Image from amazon.com)

4 comments:

Belabras said...

If you have not already heard it, I require you to listen to the Patton Oswalt bit on the Chipmunks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7smyIP7TplM

I.J. said...

I hate the goddamn fucking chipmunks sooooooo much.

Quammy said...

@ Belabras

I had heard Patton's bit about the song before, but I'd never seen that particular clip. I like that someone actually took the time to edit in the slowed down version of the original song.

Belabras said...

Yeah, slowed down the guy (guys?) doing the chipmunk voices sounds like he's dead inside.

I have to admit, I prefer Patton's version of the slowed down David Seville voice to the actual one though.