Monday, June 15, 2009

Ignorant Facebook Quizes

I know we all get sick of seeing our friends take a million quizzes and having to see that Susie took the "Which low-fat butter substitute are you?" quiz on our homepage and that her result was "Olivo," but I've been noticing that since regular people (aka "idiots") can design quizzes now and they're pretty unregulated, the results have been edging from dumb to plain wrong. Spelling and grammatical errors abound. I feel like I've read a few about different countries or whatever where the quiz-maker's ignorance shines through, but this is the brightest ray of stupid I've seen so far. That picture is a screenshot of my homepage, edited to remove my friend's name. I'm not retyping any of that, so if you can't read it, let me know and I'll repost it bigger. I know people can post whatever sort of shit they want in their notes, but there's no way to tell how racist/ridiculous a quiz is until you take it. Get a clue, Facebook, before you die a sad slow death a la Friendster.

RATING: WRONG%

11 comments:

Chris said...

It's nice to see the "team douche rides again" tag getting some use. Get it?

Anyway, I agree with you on the FB quizzes. I wish they would go away.

laurie's bf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
loco's bf said...

I thought that was ur page. Lucky for you, I'm black anyway according to some grocery store chains.

laurie said...

Damn, that is pretty racist. But I still think the "which dinosaur/weapon combo would you ride into battle" quiz was pretty sweet.

John said...

@L
You're fucking right.

glenn's gf said...

just took the quiz... says I should be dating someone Chinese? "Very polite, eats intestine and wears pink."

John said...

"Athletic, large ass, unextraordinary verbal ability, leaves in the middle of the night."

That shit is racist.

Viking Andrew said...

Someone else posted this on FB, but I thought it was funny Idiocracy.

Marginal on-topic points for V.A.: Americans, Ethnicity, someone else posting it on FB


"Plus, everybody's name is so long..."

Robyn said...

What mathematical equation are you?

Really, how else am I supposed to get to know the creepers on facebook?

laurie said...

Can I get a warning if a link leads to a Gawker site? I hate hate Gawker Media.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

no one tell if you linke to goatse i like to be surprised