Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cassette Tape Memories: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Probably my least favorite kind of music is the kind of music found on this soundtrack - late 80s/early 90s R&B/new jack swing garbage. But still I have a soft spot for all the ridiculous songs on this album, probably because I remember walking around my backyard with a Fischer Price tape player blasting it like crazy when I was 9. At the time I mainly listened to soundtracks, classical music, and jazz, so pop music wasn't really in my vocabulary until a year or two after I owned this album when a friend picked up a Louis Armstrong tape I had in disgust and told me "Glenn, cool people don't listen to Louis Armstrong. Cool people listen to C&C Music Factory." Well, he was half right I guess, but for now just check out some TURTLE Power if you've got a few minutes and I think you do.

RATING: 51%

9 comments:

LoCo said...

I think this movie kind of scared me when it came out. The turtles were all stilted and creepy.

April is hot.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

new jack and swing are two diff. links yall

Viking Andrew said...

"...when I was 9...I mainly listened to soundtracks, classical music, and jazz, so pop music wasn't really in my vocabulary."

Snoot-snoot%

Belabras said...

Casey Jones was, and remains, the coolest thing about the Turtles franchise.

laurie said...

I think I would be very disappointed if my 9 year old listened to classical music. Or if my child did that at any age.

Belabras said...

Hah, love the new banner!

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

lets keep the banner coments on day 8 plz kthx ;)

I.J. said...

Ain't but one c in "Fisher Price."

Matthew J Killian said...

Word