Thursday, June 18, 2009

† by Justice

Whereas many of our readers were totally grossed out or whatevs by the video for Justice's song "Stress" that I posted a couple days ago, I immediately bought the whole album after seeing it. It's pretty much everything I want out of an electronic album: great beats, interesting and unique manipulation of samples and instruments, and a real sort of furious energy buried beneath all the ones and zeros. Daft Punk, the other big French electronic duo, sometimes comes close, but I've never enjoyed a single album by them as much as I've enjoyed this one. So check out some more music by them unless you're scared of getting beaten up by awesome music after seeing the other video.

RATING: 85%

8 comments:

Belabras said...

They have a nice logo, I'll give them that.

I.J. said...

I've also become kinda hooked on these guys, although "Stress" didn't get in my head until I watched it through for the 3rd time. I haven't got the album yet, but I've listened to most of it on youtube and most of the songs are really different from each other.

Every Daft Punk album seems to have 1-3 tracks I love and then a bunch that I can't stand.

Viking Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Viking Andrew said...

Okay, okay. We get it already. Glenn is in favor of justice and loves the lord Jesus Christ.

laurie said...

You're starting to get on my nerves, G man.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i still dont get w. the big fn deal is i love watching people get beat up and shot and stuff i watch jerry springer 3 times aday to help me get pumped up for my work day

Anonymous said...

that justice vis tawa wasweone i wawtched it stoned and whoaoaoso

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

um