Thursday, July 2, 2009

Keurig Single Cup Coffee Maker

Even a retarded chimpanzee with hooks for hands could make a decent cup of coffee with this thing. Of course he'd be utterly confused and enraged by the fact that the most concentrated "espresso" setting just makes 100 ml less of the same medium-strength coffee as the second last setting. Also, it only does one cup at a time, so if he wanted to serve his friends refreshments after a hard day of stealing and eating human babies, he'd have to make several trips back and forth from the kitchen. But the worst thing about the Keurig is that every individual serving comes packaged in a disposable plastic container, so a month of moderate use is probably worse for the environment than an army of retarded chimpanzees with hooks for hands.

RATING: 74%

(Image from http://only-cookware.com.)

7 comments:

laurie said...

Did you write this review to discourage me from buying one of these and/or using the one in the faculty lounge at school? Because drinking the teacher's coffee is one of the few "perks" (I take) they give me at the overpriced lawyer factory.

I really want one of these for my home so I can quickly grab a cup on my way out the door and leave the (snoot snoot) french press for weekends. And no, I don't think a regular coffee pot would be just as good because then I'd have to clean the damn thing every day and would just end up buying my morning coffee from the corner deli like I do now.

Viking Andrew said...

I knew Internet John was back when I read, "Even a retarded chimpanzee with hooks for hands..."

John said...

@ Laurie
Yes. In fact, I'm trying to use R3 to slowly ruin your life, piece by excruciating piece.

Robyn said...

So, could or couldn't Paris Hilton or Ashton Kutcher get coffee to come out of this machine?

laurie said...

I'm gonna say Ashton Kutcher maybe, Paris Hilton definitely not.

Robyn said...

After a weekend with the machine, I have to say that I like it. When I have enough money that it would be square to care about the environment, I'll buy one and drink 6 coffees EVERY morning, hungover or not!

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

alright guys i gotta go someone just got beat up in the exercise room and ive never seen people brains before if you need me call my lawyer or click yr heals three times and say "smoke weed every day"

JA WILL PROVIDE!!!!