Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blade II

Blade II is the story of a vampire-hating half-vampire named Blade, who spends most of his time mercilessly killing any vampire he can find. Basically Blade is a super badass type who has all the powers of vampires except he can actually go out in the sun and eat pizza with garlic sauce. Anyway, in this movie the vampires ask Blade for help because there is a new, more evil breed of vampires out there with SIDEWAYS MOUTHS! Yikes! It sounds dumb and is dumb, but it's also a lot of fun and the action scenes are pretty good, so I think this goes in the top half of Marvel comic movie adaptations.

RATING: 66%

6 comments:

Timmaaay!!! said...

Blade II has some of the best creature effects I've ever seen. The sideways mouths are really impressive. Too bad the story kind of sucked and there was no Stephen Dorff.

At least it's better than Star Trek V, though. Right?

Anonymous said...

I leave for tjhree weks and this is all i get. fuck me

laurie said...

What the hell is a sideways mouth?

Belabras said...

I know the plot was weak, but the fight scenes (especially the last one), the creature effects (thanks Guillermo Del Toro!), and performances from Luke Goss and Ron Pearlman all make Blade 2 worth a watch for me.

Oh, and Star Trek V is a bad movie, no matter how you slice it.

Evan J Peterson said...

Laurie, a sideways mouth is a Freudian image that reawakens the fear in every manchild that sex will result in the penis being lost forever inside a woman. See also Venus Flytraps, that scene in The Thing, and this movie.

John said...

I hated Blade 2, but I was badly strung out when I watched it, and had already spent the previous 2 hours watching Showgirls, which I hated more.