Friday, July 10, 2009

Poppy Seed Tea

People who want to feel like a big shot law student in New York but don't want to date losers or study all the time can always ingest the seeds of Papaver somniferum in some ethnic-urban confection and then fail a drug test. However, my own research suggests that attempting to extract the trace alkaloids (i.e. opium) from 600 grams of seeds using a mixture of water, lemon juice and heat results in a foul tasting, oily mixture with no apparent medicinal properties. Disappointed readers might try befriending a hill tribe or Laurie.

RATING: 1%

(Image from www.kansasoz.com.)

14 comments:

Viking Andrew said...

Why do people have to trick up their beverages? What's so bad about black tea?

John said...

You're not fooling anyone, Viking Andrew. We all know how much you hate to see a white woman drinking black tea.

laurie said...

I swear that was from an everything bagel.

laurie said...

And I do try not to date losers. It's just that NYC is so damn full of them that it's difficult to find the nice guys.

Viking Andrew said...

I suppose if the white woman were foreign...

But for American white women, I say stick to what's proven: vodka and benzedrine

Chris said...

Difficult to find the nice guys?

You're not a good judge of character? It might help out in that whole law career thing if you work on that.

laurie said...

I am a good judge of character. I think I just get confused when sex is involved. Really I'm fantastic with friendships and business relationships, I just suck at dating.

Chris said...

I'm really just kidding with you.

John said...

Get a room, guys. Jesus.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i bang chixxx all the time and i never had anything bad happen

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

mebbe i shld be the law guy

laurie said...

@R Kelley tag: Sorry, but I think we've already reached out quota of stoned douchebag losers in law school.

Anonymous said...

I'm wiht R Kelly
I fuck a lot and nothing bad happens just gotta tell to go home sumtimes and get a restrining order. oh fuck Iluv it

plus laurie nad chris mneed to fuck now and get itovert itwith

Internet John said...

Bravissim.