Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Coconut M&Ms

When I told my friend that I'd bought these, he didn't believe they existed, and rightly so -- there is no real reason why coconut-flavored M&Ms should exist. I know it's summer and all, and summer makes us long for palm trees and exotic islands, but there's no reason M&Ms should get involved in a ménage of tropical fantasy. This variety eschews the blue-red-orange-yellow M&M for a disorienting white variety. From the outside, they're about the size of the peanut butter M&Ms, and they taste like a toned-down, solid-chocolate version of an Almond Joy mixed with just a hint of suntan oil. I didn't barf after eating them, and they were totally fine, but I don't think I would pick up another bag of these even if they were on extreme clearance and there was a chance of me finding a golden ticket at the bottom of the bag.

RATING: 31%

10 comments:

John said...

About time they made a fucking white M&M.

Belabras said...

Those sounds kinda good actually.

laurie said...

I hate coconut flavored candis so I vote that sounds fucking gross.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

hey did yall try peanut butter and jelly m n ms that shit was tite as heck made me puke at cvs

LoCo said...

Did anyone ever review the mint Skittles? I think I just pretended those never existed.

I.J. said...

Sounds about as tasty as hot dog flavoured chips.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

hey i havea a idea for a candy its, like, chocolate and you put it around something good (like peanuts, caramel, nugget, or smthing else that has a good tast) and not bad (like meat products, tree bark, cocconuts, or diarea)

Belabras said...

Where did you get them loco? I haven't been able to find any.

LoCo said...

I got them at the Montrose Walgreens. They always seem to have an assortment of weird stuff.

Chris said...

I saw them at the Montrose Walgreens too, Loco, and the cashier and I proceeded to do a stand-up routine together about them.

It was improvised, and admittedly pretty good. And yes, we'll be touring soon.