Tuesday, April 22, 2008

All Good Things...

This is the series finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation, so don't worry about me reviewing any more episodes of this show. This is one of the best finales ever made, and one of the best TNG episodes. The plot is tough to explain, but basically Picard is shifting through time thanks to Q and must save mankind from being wiped from existence. Anyway, it's a typical Star Trek plot, but what is great is the way that the whole thing ties back to the first episode of TNG, Encounter At Farpoint, when Q told Picard humanity was on trial, and also every character gets their own great moment. Maybe that's why the TNG movies sucked - they were basically the Picard and Data show, and we had already had excellent closure with this episode.

RATING: 93%

4 comments:

laurie said...

The Q eps of STNG have always been my favorites. This one is no exception.

What will you review now that you're done with these? I recommend Firefly. It's great and there's a bad ass movie at the end.

DCP said...

I already reviewed Firefly two months ago. I gave it a pretty high score. Maybe I'll rent Serenity again and now that I've seen the show I'll like it more, although I liked it to begin with.

laurie said...

Oh yeah you did do that. I feel really retarded now.

John said...

That's the one with the future enterprise that has 3 warp pylons or whatever they're called, right?

I think we watched that at Matt Clarke's house. Or maybe I saw it on tape there.

Remember in grade 6 we used to draw our own ships and stuff?