Monday, October 12, 2009

Zombieland

A Month Of Halloweenie Reviews #12

Zombieland is a teen sex comedy set in the apocalyptic aftermath of a zombie breakout. It's pretty fun, although I have to mention that it seems the term "teen sex comedy" should be changed to "teen kiss comedy," since most of the recent movies in this style (Superbad, Harold And Kumar) are more about some guy who just wants to be sweet and kiss his girl at the end and then does. What happened to us? In the eighties it was boobs/bush central, but now when I see nudity in a movie at the theater I'm astonished. I guess we're prudes or something.

RATING: 77%

6 comments:

Quammy said...

I liked Zombieland, but I honestly wasn't all that impressed by it. It was kinda like Superbad meets Dawn of the Dead. If Bill Murray weren't in the movie, I probably wouldn't have anything nice to say about it.

Timmaaay!!! said...

Uh-oh. The Superbad part of that makes me kinda not want to watch it now.

laurie said...

Don't worry, Tim, there is lots of zombie killing action. We have to remember who is writing the review. There are probably few people more discriminating about their zombie action than Glenn, the man who made me watch Dawn of the Dead a dozen times when we were in high school.

DCP said...

That was the price you had to pay to date somebody as cool as me.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

what a tangled web we waeve

laurie said...

Yeah most 16 year old guys would try to get their girlfriend's to make out with them in the family room, but not Glenn. It was all Dawn all the time.