Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting ID'd at the Movies

Attention theatre patrons: Be advised that our 16 year emo kid popcorn jockeys will need to see ID if you are to gain admission to see Halloween II. Despite the fact that you might be in your late twenties, our staff wishes to remain vigilant. While you may have gotten into dozens of R rated movies in the past, this one has boobies and stuff. Heaven forbid someone under 18 should wander into this Sunday matinee showing and be scarred for life. Thank you for your co-operation.

Rating: I feel old %

(Image from www.ofrb.gov.on.ca)

10 comments:

I.J. said...

I can't buy booze or cigarettes anywhere near my apartment here in Dallas because no one accepts my Canadian ID.

I think it's more because Texans don't like foreigners than because they actually don't believe I'm over 21.

Quammy said...

Didn't you have the same problem when you went to see Tool?

I.J. said...

Yes, but I was a little bit younger then. These days I'm far to fat and tired to not be look 30.

I.J. said...

too I mean

I.J. said...

Holy fuck I can't even talk. Needs to go back to bed for like 5 days.

laurie said...

My best friend is 28 years old, but is unfortunately 5'4" and weighs about 90lbs, making her appear about 14. So she gets carded everywhere and I always get carded by association. I wish I could say that I think this is totally lame, but I'm secretly kind of happy about it because I also pushing 30.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

hey you guys im sorry i left 4 a while but the drs changed my medications and i think ill be back 4 a while can some1 plz give me a handy list of reviews and comments worht reading

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

id aslo like to formaly congradulate glen on his new job i hope teaching a bunch of retard bumpkins how to diagram sentences is everything you dreamed it wld be and more!!!

loco said...

A bar in Toronto wouldn't accept my NY i.d, or my passport. This was back when I was constantly on a bender. I got so mad that I stole their 8 ball (the actual one, from the pool table, sorry to disappoint you). I still have it!

Internet John said...

Yeah, we have a word for Ontarians out east: "Americans."