Friday, August 21, 2009

People Who Refer To "Star Wars" as "Episode IV" or "A New Hope"

You think I'd willingly see a movie called "A New Hope?" It sounds like it should star Kirk Cameron and detail how all the ways I enjoy life are leading me to Hell. I'm not sure when the shift from Star Wars to Episode IV happened exactly, but I'm 99% sure that it wasn't until George Lucas started adding digital fart jokes into his movies as he always intended back in 1997, so we can probably call a moratorium on that garbaggio now, s'il vous plait.

RATING: 31%

13 comments:

Belabras said...

Is there anyone (other than Lucas) that actually does this?

John said...

I, for one, refer to each and every film I intend to watch as A New Hope. Once I do so, I refer to them collectively as Left Behind.

Viking Andrew said...

Vomit.

I.J, that was the lamest dad joke you've ever told.

laurie said...

I like how the Star Wars geek is all gross, but Star Trek geeks are fucking tops at R3.

DCP said...

Hey, it hasn't been 26 years since a good Star Trek film was released.

John said...

Off topic: Those women aren't on the contributors list anymore. Was it the nerdiness, the neuroses and fragile egos, the combativeness or the vulgarity that drove them away?

LoCo said...

I know there's nothing better than imagining there is some large-scale drama going on behind the scenes at homespun review blog, but Glenn just cleaned house because it was clear they were never going to write. I'm sure they both forgot they were even on this thing. Nice life!

Viking Andrew said...

While we're at it, can we get rid of Professor La Mercier, or is he tenured?

Internet John said...

I hate that fucker too.

LoCo said...

When you're tenured, you can clean out your office and give away signed copies of colleagues' books and never teach again, but you still get paid.

Viking Andrew said...

I like Easy Cheese's Slurpee.

DCP said...

Don't worry, Professor La Mercier's just on sabbatical.

DCP said...

Also, that's supposed to be a neckbeard. I also should have drawn Ron Paul '08 onto his shirt to complete the Star Wars Internet Nerd Zeitgeist.